Cleanliness

I have attempted to cancel my membership on FOUR separate occasions over 2 years.Each time I was never given anybody's last name or title, it was always just "desk person" First Name.

World Gym has a no phone cancellation policy, you must come in and you must bring your key fob, when I did this I was told that I cancelled "so soon" to the next payment due date that I would be charged "one final time". This made me angry but I really just wanted to be done with them so I agreed. The "final payment" was $200!! When I called to complain, I was told they had no record of my account being cancelled and the 200 was the result of "non payment".

I told them to cancel my membership IMMEDIATELY and I want no further payments removed from my account. Of course I could not cancel my membership ON THE PHONE. They said that I had to come in and turn over my key fob. I went in and asked to speak to the person in change of memberships.

The person behind the counter told me that she was. I asked her name and she said "Kimberley" (no name tag), and when I asked her last name she would not give it to me (company policy of course). I explained that I no longer have my key fob as I have cancelled my membership and I am still being charged. Of course she was "very confused" how that could be happening and brought up my file, which, surprise, showed no indication of being cancelled at any point or that I had missed any payments (which was the explanation for the 200 charge given to me on the phone).

This time I filled out a "cancellation form", which I noted, mentioned that I may be charged a "cancellation fee". I circled this and noted that 200 had been removed from my account so I should not see another "cancellation charge" and noted I spoke to "Kimberley" regarding this issue. I did not get a copy of this form. The charges continued.

Finally, I blocked the payments.

I am not getting letters and calls from GoBeyondCollections, which is interestingly at the same address as World Gym and not accredited with the BBB, once again saying I owe missed payments on my membership. Go Beyond Collections does not have a contact person at World Gym apparently, they 'just collect the money" (they could not even give me the name of the person in the gym they talk to about disputes before going to court, which they have threatened me with).So now World Gym is going to "take me to court" for a charge of under 300. Absolutely ridiculous.

TOTAL SCAM.The gym was terrible and is absolutely just a money-grabbing scam.

Review about: World Gym Membership.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Had an Experience with World Gym?

Comments

Dundas, Ontario, Canada #907031

I do not believe this claim as there is no $200 cancellation fee.You can cancel by email or fax.

There is no Kimberly that works there.

They do not collect key fobs as they do not work after it is cancelled anyway.

There are so many falsehoods in this review.

Most companies have outside collection companies, that is not uncommon.