I had a very unpleasant experience at the Fairfax, VA facility involving the receptionist, Jenny, who was working 23 December at 7PM.

I had requested a printout of my billing for the year the previous day (22 December at 6AM), and I was assured the document would be available for pickup today (23 December). When I asked Jenny if the document was available, without even looking she told me that there was nothing there and that I should call for myself since the manager was not available. She was busy on her personal computer, and apparently did not want to be distracted. I was incredulous that she would not even look and tell me to call for mself when I had done so the previous day.

She continued to tell me that I shouldn't have an attitude and that I was acting like a Jack ***. She repeatedly called me a Jack ***, at which I told her I was done speaking with her. She continued to be argumentative and make obscene gestures as I walked away. Later Jenny returned with the envelope in hand and proceeded to throw the envelope at me. She told me that her manager would take her side, I guess she never heard the customer is right.

I am a very nice person, and do not have a temper and kept my cool the entire time, but this behavior was extremely unprofessional. I routinely help keep the gym clean when I come in at my normal time of 5-6AM during the week. I routinely rack weights when other people leave them, and I pick up litter off the ground. I am a Senior Manager with a large multinational corporation, and I have never in my professional career been treated with such disrespect. I will strongly recommend my friends and co-workers to avoid this facility as a result in addition to me cancelling my membership immediately.

Review about: World Gym Facility.

Comments

Milas

The manager ended up contacting me and apologizing for the rude behavior.I was offered 3 months of free membership, but I declined and canceled my membership.

The manager, Wendy, was very nice about it and professional.I do appreciate the follow up, and Wendy mentioned having spoken with Jenny so this situation did not occur again.

I love how people like you lie and exaggerate about how an employee was supposedly acting to dramatize the story.